Linea Voyage Report - A Successful Adventure

Linea Voyage Report - A Successful Adventure 93

The wave 7th of the DeFi Linea Voyage, which included the MetalSwap dApp, has concluded and it's time to summarize this magnificent experience for our community.

In today's article, we will analyze some very important data, such as the total number of open positions, the fees collected by the protocol, and the total target size of all the +6000 hedging positions opened on Linea.

Linea Voyage Wave 7

Total number of open positions

As already hinted at in the introduction, during the DeFi Linea Voyage, which lasted from December 8th to 16th, over 6000 hedging positions were opened within the MetalSwap dApp, specifically 6591 positions, averaging 732 positions opened each day.

Going into more detail, 59%, or 3888 positions, were long, using USDC as collateral, while the remaining 41%, or 2703 positions, were short, using wstETH as collateral.

Users naturally completed 46.8%of positions until the expiry date and closed 51.7% prematurely. Only 1.5% of the positions were liquidated due to price movement.

Target size and average duration

This incredible number of positions translates into a high total traded volume, which exceeded over $400,000 for long positions and over 135 wstETH for short positions, with most users deciding to open daily hedging swap, but not without some opting for weekly and longer positions.

Fees and dApp revenue

Another very interesting metric to analyze is certainly the one related to the fees collected by the dApp through the payment of the premium by users.

In just over a week, the dApp collected over $3600 in USDC and 1.18 wstETH, equivalent to about $2900.

These fees, exactly as planned in the MetalSwap whitepaper, will be used for a buyback of the XMT token.


The DeFi Linea Voyage has been an unforgettable experience for the entire MetalSwap community, and we thank Linea for making it possible.

We also want to thank all the users who left a review of our dApp on the platform dappsheriff, a leading project in the field of dApp reviews. With over 756 reviews, the dApp has achieved an average of 4.45 stars out of a maximum of 5, indicating that the user experience offered by MetalSwap has satisfied Linea users.

However, this is only the first step of many that MetalSwap will take within this blockchain that will surely accompany us in the coming months. So dear community, be ready for this journey!


-The DeFi Foundation


✎ What is MetalSwap?

MetalSwap is a decentralized platform that brings Hedging Contracts on financial markets with the aim of providing coverage to those who work with digital asset and an investment opportunity for those who contribute to increase the shared liquidity of the project. Allowing the protection for an increasing number of operators.

With MetalSwap we enable Hedging Contracts on the DeFi field, AMM style.